Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: Holy Redeemer

Hey all, happy Fish Fry-day! Today we have a review of Holy Redeemer in Jenison. We made the drive out there last Friday to check out their Fish Fry which is put on by the Knight of Columbus in the Activity Center.

We were drawn there because the menu is expansive guys, like they have broccoli. I love broccoli. Plus, not one, but TWO kinds of fried fish. Hello fried friends, get on my plate.







Despite the distance (kind of far away for us) we had a great time. We had a pretty big group (8) and luckily we were able to find a table to accommodate all of us. I mean, the place was packed, but we never had to wait more then a few minutes in line.The volunteers were super friendly too. They even have people who come around to refill your beverages. A few members of our group were digging the pink punch.

The food was good, I'd say a definite go-to if you're in the area. Personally I preferred the fried pollock to the fried perch. The perch was a little too chewy for me. But the pollock was flaky under the crispy batter. Mmmm… I really enjoyed the baked pollock as well. The mac and cheese was my favorite of the sides, gooey and rich. The broccoli was honestly a bit of a let down for me, although it probably would have been better with the melty cheese topping they had. Why did I turn down the cheese?! Momentary lapse of everything I hold dear, I have no excuse. They also have grilled cheese, rolls, coleslaw, baked potatoes and fries.

I for sure went up to the conveniently separate seconds station. And helped myself to some delicious brownies from the desert table, which is included in your ticket price. We brought along some Left Hand Sawtooth Ale, which is a pretty delicious brew.

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church
2700 Baldwin St.
Jenison, MI 49428

Arrival time:
6pm
Wait: <5 minutes
Parking:
Parking Lot
Cost: $9.00 for Adults, $8.00 for Seniors (62+), $5.00 for Children (5-15)
Take-out: No
Tables: Circle

Would we go back? Yes, but it's a little out of the way for us. 

No comments: